Check out the new Rap Rebirth site design done completely in HTML 5.
We're pleased to present the latest addition to the Rap Rebirth family... Birthday Raps. Birthday Raps offers customized lyrics written by professionals to be given as birthday presents.
Ghostwriting is surprisingly rewarding. Not only does it create a flexible lifestyle (you can ghostwrite from anywhere and all you need is a smart phone) but it also provides intrinsic rewards.
1. You get to express yourself in all new ways. When you ghostwrite you can write about things through another person that you normally wouldn't through yourself. Case in point: When I ghostwrite for a gangsta rapper I can become Martin Scorsese directing a crime drama. It's something I couldn't rap in the first person.
2. You learn about people. As a ghostwriter people tell you about the most intimate details about their lives. It's immensely interesting and rewarding to learn about different walks of life.
3. You help people express themselves. When an client receives lyrics that are a perfect fit they're ecstatic and they let you know. They get one step closer to reaching their dreams or cementing their legacy. It's a good feeling to be a part of that.
4. You get to collaborate. Often clients come to me with amazing concepts that I'd never think of on my own. It's exciting to put my lyrical skills in the framework of their concept. When great ideas meet technical skill the results can be amazing.
5. You have an excuse to listen to lots of music. This is my favorite. Part of my job is to be up on the freshest hip-hop tracks. I'm constantly combing blogs and YouTube listening to new songs and new artists so I'm up to date on what's hot. For someone with a love a of hip-hop this is a joy.
We've been seeing a recent uptick in emails asking if we're hiring new writers. For now the answer is no. But stay tuned.
Some things we're working on...
- A lyric writing service for businesses, products and services
- An e-commerce platform and social network for ghostwriters to sell their lyrics to rappers
- A monthly newsletter for our clients
- More free MC resources to help develop lyrical talent
We'd love your ideas and feedback.
Happy New Year to our clients and friends!
Last year was great and we're looking forward to having an even better 2011. Stay tuned for exciting new features coming this year!
Blessings and much success,
1. Rick Ross - Teflon Don - An almost flawless album. Great beats, lots of Rozay swagger and excellent guests. No skip tracks. Perfect summer album.
2. Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives - Nas brings his usual lyrical genius and Damian Marley pulls off a nice hybrid of rap and reggae.
3. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - The production on this album contends with the great classics of all time. Musically it's a true masterpiece.
4. Lloyd Banks - The Hunger for More 2 - The G-Unit underdog makes a great album with that dark, dense Queens, NY sound.
5. Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic - Fashawn pays tribute to Nas' Illmatic with multis, internal rhymes, and that mid-90s hunger.
6. J Cole - Friday Night Lights - Understated piano on the production and excellent songwriting make a classic J Cole mixtape.
7. Statik Selektah & Termanology - 1982 - Brings back that mid-90s sound. Term is a master lyricist, reminds me of Big L. Statik's beats remind me of DJ Premier.
8. Drake - Thank Me Later - This album grew on me. Drake's producer 40 has a nice smoothed out sound. Drake may not be Ice Cube, but he's true to who he is.
9. Eminem - Recovery - Surprise comeback. Production is a little uneven but Em makes up for it with rapid flow, strong delivery and good lyrics.
10. Lil Wayne - I Am Not a Human Being - Solid album throughout. Good production and Wayne brings his usual wittiness. Nice prelude to Carter IV.
Lil Wayne rapping his own version of Skeelo's "I Wish I Was a Little Bit Taller"
I wish I was a lil bit iller - wish I was a killer
Wish I was guerrilla, Godzilla, Thriller
Wish I had a lil less swag so I could brag
In my Jag, yeea man, laid back in a doorag
Weezy why you do that, maaan who that cool cat
Wish I knew who my pops was, real bad, real bad
Wish I didn't get all these girls off the ransom
Wish I was like LL, girls cuz I'm handsome
Wish I had a grandson named Branson - I dunno
Wish I could flow like a young Mic Geronimo
Wish I wasn't locked in a cage like a gerbil
Wish I had it locked like Kaiser Soze Verbal
Wish that herbal was jus enough to fuk me up
Wish that this sizzurp ain't lovely in a cup
Wish my dick ain't addict like a cancer stick
Have em coming round nonstop like a fiend chick
Wish I knew Guru before the homie passed
Wish that the Zulus had brought in some giraffes
Wish that Nicki and Drake would make a baby
I'd raise him to the best MC that would pay me
Wish I was like Jay-Z, yea an icon
Oh yea, wish I was tall and could ball like Lebron
Gettin my Andre 3000 on...
Notes was strewn across the room, mind open like a womb
I'm in back of ya, lady Dracula, now she's risen out her tomb
Zoom microscopic topic to discuss is love and trust
Met a lady from Atlanta called Ms Santa selling dust
Thunder bolt volts the antidote to the anti dope I bus
With the musk of mammoth tusk rust spaceship doors plus whores I thrust
Trust in G-O-D, only heaven up above me
So it's clouds that wanna hug me, angel shrouds they wanna slug me
Now I'm back down to Earth, Andre this is your self worth
Combined with lines divine make sublime feel like your birth
Cam and MF Doom rapping about roller skating
Ayo I got my skates strapped, rollerbladin, hate that
Cruising round Harlem, and I don't need no street map
Smile at the pretty mamis, they like "hey hottie"
God on eight wheels, sex appeal, I'm God body
I got the purple ones, pink wheels, bubblegum
Laces made with satin, rule Manhattan, havin fun
I pop a figure eight, they like damn Cam you great
I pop a clip, aim at your lip if you tryna hate
Got the butter, did I stutter, shutter speed on the camera slow
To catch the blurred motion from this potent roller skating pro
Flow like my raps over Madlib lab tracks
Facts never fiction, your eviction from our skating pack
Cam got the guile, why they call him Giles, flashy styles
Move like magician, Christian, early, surly, extra wild
Yo, oh, ho, you couldn't hold a torch, no
Candle get dismantled, trampled, found fifty leagues below
Damn DOOM that's super deep, prefer skating to a Jeep
Catch me at the roller rink, mink coat, bringin heat
Baby girl, she likes to roll, shorts hug her ass yo
They way her cheeks pop make me lose my balance - woah